I am thrilled to share that I will be directing this summer’s musical with Chelsea Area Players. Performance dates are July 20-22, 2012, at the former Chelsea High School. Come on out and share your talents!
CAPtivating Rhythms: Lovers, Liars and Clowns
Chelsea Area Players invites you to be part of this fun, fresh, inventive musical revue that pays tribute to CAP’s first 40 years of fabulous theatre!
Auditions for adults, teens and children (and callbacks, if needed) will be held at St. Mary’s Church, 14200 E. Old US Highway 12, Chelsea, MI 48118.
Please attend either one (but not both) of these audition dates/times:
Tuesday, May 8, 6 – 10 p.m.
Saturday, May 12, 12 noon – 3 p.m.
Please sign in on Tuesday before 8 p.m., or on Saturday before 2 p.m. Auditioners will be seen in the order they arrive. You will not be asked to stay for the entire time range.
To audition, please prepare 16 bars from one of the following musicals (or in the style of these):
- Beauty and the Beast
- Crazy for You
- Hello, Dolly!
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
- My Fair Lady
- Pirates of Penzance
- Rocky Horror Show
- The Sound of Music
- You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown!
- Aladdin, Jr.
- Alice in Wonderland, Jr.
- A Boy, A Girl, the Beatles
- Fiddler on the Roof, Jr.
- Guys and Dolls, Jr.
- Seussical, Jr.
Please bring to your audition:
- sheet music in your range, with your 16 bars clearly marked. An accompanist will be provided.
- current photo of yourself.
- performance resume, if you have one.
- guitar, or other instrument, that you play with confidence.
- additional talents you wish to share, such as cartwheels, juggling, a short monologue, brief dance moves, etc.
- dress comfortably, bring your imagination and an open mind and heart!
Callbacks IF NEEDED will be held:
Sunday, May 13, 6-10 p.m.
You will be notified by email on Saturday, May 12, if you are needed at callbacks.
Cast list will be posted on the CAP website at the earliest convenience.
This show is going to be great fun. We will be creating it together, so we are looking for people who love to play, explore, discover, experiment and imagine!
- Consider how your song choice fits into the Lovers, Liars and Clowns theme.
- Try some physical skills that express Lovers, Liars and Clowns.
- Be open to improvising, moving, playing games, encouraging each other, and connecting.
We want to bring out the best in everyone to make this a magnificent show! So bring your most fun and and open-hearted YOU to auditions!
Come be a part of what is sure to be a special, memorable celebration.
So let your light so shine before men,
Let your light so shine…!